Swedana Herb infused Sweat bath
In this treatment you sit for 30 minutes in a herb-infused steam bath. The use of heat and steam to encourage sweating has long been recognized as a natural and effective way to encourage the process of detoxification and also great for people who have a common cold or localized arthritic problems.
I use special herbs help to stimulate oxygen flow throughout the body, while the steam activates the natural sweating process, which is essential for releasing accumulated toxins. Your skin will carry the gentle sweet aroma of the herbs throughout the following 24 hours or so.
This process helps to restore unbalanced dosha back to their natural state.
Abhyanga is a gentle, full body cleansing massage that involves touch, warm oils and herbs to improve your overall wellbeing. Utilizing techniques based on traditional Ayurvedic principles of the Doshas – Vata, Pitta, Kapha – I use natural oils specific to the current season and each person’s constitution which in my session is either Organic sesame seed oil (heating) or Coconut oil (cooling) which may contain natural homemade aromatherapeutic oils.
This is usually used alongside swedana steam baths which are an optional extra.
More benefits of Abhyanga massage include:
– Improvements to quality of sleep
– Balances the nervous system
– Eliminates toxins
– Increases energy
– Boosts the immune system
– Tones skin and lowers blood pressure
– Slows down the aging process by regenerating tissue
– Reduces joint pain and increases flexibility
– Relaxes muscles
– Cleansing for the lymphatic system
– Reduces fatty tissues
Lifestyle Consultation in person or via Skype
During an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation, you will become more familiar with Ayurveda and how it applies to living in a balanced state of health and happiness. A consultation will assess your unique constitution and tendencies toward imbalances. I will also give some guidance on how to slowly integrate these subtle changes in your life and also touch on which herbal remedies to consider. I also will provide information and guidance on the use of primordial sounds which allow a more mindful vibratory to influence healing.
- Discussion of key ayurvedic concepts and how they manifest in your life.
- Complete assessment of your unique constitution as well as current imbalances and hear your personal health concerns.
- Detailed personal interview about diet, lifestyle and health history.
- Recommendations for restoring and maintaining optimum health in mind, body, and soul, such as appropriate daily routines (dinacharya), seasonal cleansing (ritucharya), dietary modifications, exercise, ayurvedic yoga therapy, breathwork.